APP & IoT SPECIALIST (M/F/X)
As part of the Delonghi group’s Design & IoT team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design the compelling consumer experience. You'll work with people from Engineering, Product Marketing & Communication, After sales, Strategic Partners and 3rd party vendors. You are action oriented and can break down complex problems into steps that drive software product development.
As a App&IoT Specialist you will help shape the future of Delonghi group’s IoT/Smart products and ecosystem. You will support the business, both short and long term, by exploring the IoT universe (i.e. technology evolution, UX/UI landscape, consumers’ trends and competitors’ initiatives) with the objective to select meaningful, actionable and distinctive ways to leverage on new technologies
Define new and improved user experiences “IoT-enabled”, which can provide relevant / tangible benefits to our consumers and ultimately will add real value to our products.
Support the definition and execution of Delonghi group’s IoT strategy, including core value proposition, connected eco-system and products/platforms development roadmap, in line with Group’s guidelines, strategy and objectives.
• Environmental Analysis:
o To establish deep understanding of the IoT universe. Investigate and perform comprehensive analyses of new / emerging technologies, innovations, competitive landscape, stakeholder ecosystem and trends shaping an industry.
o Conducts or supervise the research around ideas and synthesize the findings into actionable insights.
• Ideas Generation & Concept Development:
o Explores IoT/Smart product universe to create compelling product, service and experience value propositions that are desirable for people, viable for the business and technically feasible.
o Structures and conduct concept generation, concept road mapping, and ideation exercise around identified features and functionality.
o Understand customer needs and gather digital/software features and experience requirements, in order to develop new products and to enhance existing products.
o Integrate usability studies, customer feedback, research, and market analysis in to product requirements to enhance customer satisfaction at all touch points, and achieve Delonghi groups’ strategic objectives.
• Roadmap Definition & Software Product Management:
o Define the software features and functionality roadmap in relation to IoT ecosystem, connected product ranges, mobile applications and evolving user interfaces such as voice user interface.
o Prioritise new software features against roadmap and work closely with our Product Marketing, Engineering, Development partners, UX Designer and Developers to bring new software product to life and build experiences.
o Manage the development and improvements of mobile applications and voice user interface experience supporting the physical product.
o Position software features and craft compelling end-user messaging for the highest impact.
o Builds connected user journeys to support defining and articulating the product story, unique selling points and competitive advantages to product marketing, digital marketing and communication team.
• Stakeholders Engagement:
o Supports individual brand’s product category teams to define the connected product experience and eco-system specifications.
o Communicates and champion the experience delivered by IoT platform and ensure key stake holders’ buy-in.
o Supports cross functional teams to deliver the agreed plan for IoT/connectivity platform development & roadmap.
o Supports subsidiaries, create and develop market–specific plans for launch of the connected platform
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or) software (or) digital technology discipline (or) an equivalent experience
• 2-3 years of experience in software product management and/or software product development
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the Internet of Things/Smart product landscape supported with relevant experience
• Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building great software products.
• Technically savvy: we don’t expect you to code new features but you’ll be able to understand the value, complexity and trade-offs involved in software development
• Written feature specs and/or user stories for mobile application and digital products.
• Managed and prioritised a roadmap and feature backlog
• Conducted and coordinated user research
• Articulate and persuasive in English
• Previous exposure in building connected product eco-system and app experience.
• Experience in end-to-end product management in software/web application/mobile applications.
• UX/UI design experiences a plus.
• Familiarity with consumer products and technologies.
• Experience working closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, and craft positioning.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
• Ability to cope with a fast-paced, changing environment
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within cross-functional teams
• Confidence to dive in and learn new solutions and processes without a lot of assistance.
• Competent, convincing and confident public-speaking and presentation skills to all levels and to large groups
• Results driven
• Strategic focus
• Patient and resilient
• Ability to travel globally