COMMERCIAL MANAGER (M/F/X) - WESTERN EUROPE
The candidate will be responsible for the assigned Brand business that is managed in the Western Europe region through the local Subsidiaries. He/She will have joint responsibility with WEU countries of the Brand Consolidated P&L within WEU. He/She will decide the product portfolio offer and the channel management of the brand that the subsidiaries will then use to develop and grow their businesses.
Will be responsible for the European EuroRange & Channel management and will coordinate with the CCO the launch timings of new product ranges worldwide.
1. Brand responsibility:
- Overall Business results of the Brand in the WEU Region
- WEU consolidated P&L of the Brand in joint responsibility with WEU countries
- European Commercial reference point for the NPD (New Product Development) teams of the brand HQs
- Decides the European Channel Management of all new product ranges.
- Responsible for the choices of the region in the field of Assortment, Price positioning & Channels of distribution (EuroRange)
- In collaboration with the internal stakeholders he/she will have an active role on setting the final price positioning of new Products to be launched
- Working with the HQ Communication, the Trade Marketing and NPD teams ensures that launches of new products and ranges are set up following the Perfect Launch Group Guidelines
- Works with the Country’s Sales and Marketing evaluating opportunities of the expansion of the brand into new categories and sub-segments
- Supports the Subsidiaries in setting up adequate promotional activities by brand, customer and channel
- Defines with the countries the appropriate deployment and allocation of resources in order to give the brand the possibility to achieve the yearly budget plans and targets.
- Has an active role in the monitoring and reducing products that are price outliers .
- Ensures that the Group assets are used to the full and the guidelines respected by the markets
- Proposes and carries out the appropriate market research programs
2. Permanent tracking of the key variables of the business:
- Sales and Profit analysis
- Gfk panel data analysis
- Perfect Store and Perfect Screen analysis
- Customer data analysis (Stock & Sell-out data ; In house shares etc)
- Monitoring competitive environment and consumer trends;
3. Contribute actively in the Planning Process:
- Annual Budget Plan for the Brand in WEU
- Quarterly and monthly forecast projections
- Control the Brand Marketing Investment Budget
4. Actively participate in and prepare internal meetings:
- Monthly Meetings with CEO and/or CCO
- Participates in Western EU weekly Country Directors meeting
- HQ NPD updates and development plan meetings
- Country NPD updating meetings
5. Be a great Team Manager able to grow her/his resources and, at the same time, be an excellent Team Player able to create and strengthen a solid professional network within HQs & Subs
- 10+ years working experience in sales and/or marketing roles within SDA, consumer goods industry (preferably) or FMCG (second choice)
- University Degree (preferable)
- Very Good English.
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Highly numerate, analytical and data driven
- Good Business acumen
- Inquisitive nature, innovative and proactive
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as individually
- Sales Driven, results oriented and focused
- Organized problem solver, does not give up when confronted with difficult challenges
- Able to adjust to fast changing business environment
- Self starter with the ability to organize and manage time and workload
- Available to travel whenever necessary in Europe
- Advanced Excel and Power Point skills
- Very good presentation skills