GROUP PACKAGING PROGRAM MANAGER (M/F/X)
The role of the Group Packaging Expert is to define, lead and implement packaging policy across the group, aligning brand HQs and factories, and ensuring that packaging is consistently optimised in terms of quality, cost, logistic efficiency, regulatory, and sustainability requirements and expectations.
- Develop, document and communicate packaging policies and guidelines.
- Foster and develop packaging innovation (i.e. Investigate new packaging materials and technologies)
- Develop and maintain packaging related KPIs.
- Liaise with Group Product Compliance and Regulatory Affairs in order to implement relevant packaging market legislation.
- Investigate all costs and cost saving opportunities (e.g. materials, taxes, logistics, etc).
- Sharing and monitoring packaging guidelines across relevant departments
- Work with factories, logistics and suppliers to develop new packaging and samples.
- Best practise & benchmark
- Liaison with R&D, communication and marketing HQs to review and understand requirements.
- Define group packaging standards and guidelines and ensure they are understood and followed.
- Develop and document group packaging guidelines.
- Develop and report applicable packaging KPIs.
- Investigate and understand full packaging costs, and identification of cost saving opportunities e.g. tax, materials, etc.
- Investigation of new packaging materials and technologies.
- Provide technical overall packaging support to relevant stakeholders
- Support the definition of packaging tests standards appropriate to different product’s route to market.
- Training and education of relevant stakeholders as necessary.
- Understand sustainability and opportunities to transition to recyclable materials.
- Working with packaging engineers, suppliers and others as necessary to develop new packaging concepts and solutions.
- Attend packaging exhibitions and seminars.
- Applicable degree in Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering/ Chemistry degree or other relevant discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in consumer product packaging engineering (design, testing and verification)
- SAP knowledge relative packaging field is a plus
- Multi-national working experience for global organisation