JUNIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER (M/F/X) - MATERNITY LEAVE
De' Longhi’s award-winning Industrial Design team supports the development, implementation and communication of our brand design strategy, product identity and architecture in line with our core brand values.
We’re now seeking a Junior Industrial Designer to join this outstanding team.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting brand within the renowned De’Longhi Group, producing premium products in a fast-moving environment and to see your handiwork in stores and homes, everywhere in the world.
Our customers are why we come to work every day, so you’ll be concerned with the holistic experience of users from the moment they see a DèLonghi product on a shelf or website, to how they feel when they use it.
As a Junior industrial designer, it’s your technical execution of our design strategy that will deliver a significant and memorable De' Longhi experience.
Under the supervision of the De' Longhi Design Director, you will participate to lead and manage design projects from concept generation to production.
You will apply data-driven insights to generate differentiated and innovative design solutions that meet the needs of the customers, and will successfully implement a real Consumer centered design approach.
You will normally be allocated to some New Product Development (NPD) projects, receiving a brief from our marketing team, applying design guidelines and helping to build a product’s unique DNA, reflecting the De' Longhi brand values.
You’ll have a continual feedback loop with our R&D function, refining products over a lifecycle that could last weeks or years.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Product or Industrial Design (or equivalent)
- Already done some internship in Design department, agencies, design teams OR 1-2 working experience in an industrial design position
- Experience in white and/or brown goods industry is a plus
- A natural gift and trained sensibility in form giving and hand sketching
- A strong sense for colors, material and finishes (CMF)
- Basic knowledge of mass manufacturing processes of plastic, metal, decoration and painting
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to design beautiful slide decks, rich with interactive contents and exciting visuals
- Collaborate effectively in team environments led by project leader and/or the Design Director and/or other category leaders.
- Collaborate with the most diverse stakeholders (Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing and R&D) to follow and support projects from concept stage to production
- Generate structural design concepts and ideas based on project design briefs and cross functional team inputs and discussions
Skills, Capabilities, Competencies:
- Master Level 3D modelling Software (Rhino, Alias, Solidworks, etc). Siemens NX is a very appreciated plus (and be ready to learn it quickly)
- Furious level of Keyshot (or other rendering software), able to produce photorealistic renderings indistinguishable from reality
- Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Microsoft Office and/or Google chrome App (slides,document, sheets)
- Knowledge of Grasshopper is a very appreciated Plus
- Full professional English (at least Oxford C1, TOEFL 75-89, or equivalent)