JUNIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (M/F/X)
The Junior Mechanical Engineer is wholly responsible for the design of components, sub-assemblies or new products concepts in-line with the NPD process (New Products Development) working closely with Product Marketing, Electronic, testing, IP, Quality department starting from product specification through to feasibility study and robust design, finally closing the process with the SOP.
He/She will participate at the definition of specific tests in order to approve components / systems for use and act to drive a right first time solution taking into account performance, obsolescence, cost & other key programme metrics.
- Supporting project leader in interpreting and translating the PDS (Product Design Specification) into product design proposals and ultimately a finished design, at or below target cost.
- Identifying issues & risks to enable early mitigation or avoidance during product development.
- Operating CAD (Computer Aided Design) and other software as applicable.
- Organising and/or participating in design reviews.
- Filing documents and data.
- Creating and maintaining document and data revision registers.
- Applying material tests and managing simulations.
- Support labs in module test specification and system test plan to validate. Understand technical tests results to take decision on design development and final approval for series production (Molds building only for senior positions).
- Create and validate new Technical development of Product components & systems, taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, …)
- Building inter departmental working relationships.
- Liason with internal and external suppliers.
- BEng / BSc Qualified
- 2 years of Experience in the design of mechanical components & systems
- Knowledge of 3D design tool (SIEMENS NX)
- Knowledge of simulation tools (MOLDFLOW, FEM, CFD ANALYSIS)
- Knowledge of mass production product development
- Good knowledge of laboratory equipments and test results evaluation
- Knowledge of vibration and noise analysis is a plus
- Be Creative and innovative, an Excellent problem solver
- Flexible & adaptable with excellent time management
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Demonstrate accountability and credibility
- Willing to travel
- Able to speak English fluently