JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PURCHASING ENGINEER
The role consists in a coordination between the Purchasing function and the Product Development (engineering / manufacturing / supply chain ...) for the development and maintenance of products.
Principle Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- timing & cost tracking on NPD on assigned project/commodities(New product development);
- sourcing process starting & tracking on assigned commodities in collaboration with Strategic Sourcing, organizing technical alignment meetings with supplier, supporting commodities on tracking the tooling construction ensuring the overall project timing;
- cooperate with Strategic Sourcing (Commodity Purchasing), Supplier Development, Product Management, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering and global plants to drive the global sourcing projects and continuous improvements (Cross-Functional Global Interaction);
- product or Process changes in regards to assigned projects, together with R& D, Strategic sourcing and Manufacturing;
- supporting supplier selection of Strategic Sourcing (Commodity Purchasing) or Operational Purchasing / Material Management on assigned products, especially towards Best-Cost-Countries (Sourcing, LCC).
BS Engineering or Management or any other University degree.
Skills, Capabilities, Competencies:
- knowledge on the assigned products including commodities knowledge, potential suppliers and so on;
- strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively & independently;
- passionate and boundaryless approach in both technical and commercial target achievements;
- self-starter and result-oriented, have passion and "Can-Do-Attitude";
- fluent in English and Proficiency in computer skills;
- willing to travel.