MIGNAGOLA DI CARBONERA
METAL COMMODITY LEADER (M/F/X)
Leading relevant purchasing results by challenging performance targets at regional/commodity level being responsible for the portfolio of the sourcing categories assigned.
Specific responsibilities include development of category strategies: supplier selection and establishment/maintenance of supplier relationships , spend analysis, contract discussion, negotiation, supply base reduction and optimization, identification of cost saving opportunities, facilitating and leading sourcing projects, risk analysis and management.
- Execute sourcing activities according to the set strategy: screening for suppliers, evaluation of suppliers, definition of supplier portfolio .
- Communicate effectively and manage relationships aligning key stakeholders at european level on sourcing strategies
- Monitor the market through constant benchmarking in order to continuously improve costs, quality and technology
- Implement commodity strategies for spend categories and undertake regular review on their effectiveness
- Perform cost breakdown analysis.
- Negotiate prices and contracts with suppliers in the defined perimeter and manage execution of contracts to optimize company’s competitive position
- Supporto the European purchasing manager in defining the best action plan and corrective plan to realize regional targets.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships, and facilitate periodic business reviews to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities;
- Build strong relationship with strategic supplier to avoid any conflict or potential risk on the supply continuity , supplier rating and risk management
- Set up with the purchasing product development team collaborative procedures to strong effectiveness and efficiency towards the Product Development/Engineering and Supply Chain/Production processes..
- Establish performance based contracts, KPI's and monitor implementation and compliance
- Full accountability for ensuring materials availability and suppliers capacity
- Lead and manage local buyers to reach all the targets
- Foster people's engagement and motivation.
- 7-10 years of sourcing experience in direct materials categories (metal)
- Proven ability to manage teams and multicultural collaboration
- Significant expertise being part of the Purchasing team within different Companies and contexts.
- Proven skills in contract negotiation and supplier relationship management.
- Strength in meeting or exceeding project milestones and deliverables, while multitasking and prioritizing.
Skills, Capabilities, Competencies
- Excellent Leadership
- Agility and speed of reaction at the base of problem solving, communication, and influencing skills within a matrix environment
- Ability to establish supplier specifications in conjunction with subject experts, measure and drive conformance to specifications, and manage internal and supplier relationships to achieve desired results
- Ability to provide fact-based strategy and sourcing recommendations.