PRODUCT MANAGER - COMFORT CATEGORY
Responsible for analysing the market needs and converting it into relevant products on time at cost for a specific category(ies) (Comfort), with the following purposes:
• To maintain and update a market relevant product portfolio which maximises De’Longhi Appliances competitiveness (as measured by market share, sales and profitability targets).
• Responsible for defining new products which are detailed in the category strategy aligned with the marketing manager, with the aim of ensuring a constant flow of relevant new products.
• Responsible for the tasks which help build-up the overall product strategy and plans to maximise the category new product development
• Responsible together with the marketing manager of tasks which help to build-up the overall strategy and priorities to ensure the product portfolio of the category meets needs as detailed in the strategic plan.
• To analyse the market, understand the consumer requirements, review De’Longhi Appliances performance in order to produce a product road with priorities.
• To review new products with commercial functions to ensure the product marketing plan is in line with the commercial requirements to maximise category potential.
• To deliver new product requirements in collaboration with other members of the NPD team (Project Management, Quality, Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Data Management, Home Economists, Finance) on time to cost and specification.
• To be seen as the category expert (maintain an understanding of our products, key competitors and end user needs)
• To review sales performance and forecast (De’Longhi sales and market position) to ensure the plan is robust covering market trends, new product introductions and product deletions so appropriate planning actions can be taken if necessary.
• Responsible for the life-cycle managements of his category
• To communicate new product introductions with justifications to the commercial functions and within the business to ensure successful launches.
• Monthly report at NPD meeting showing progress and highlighting issues
• Communication with commercial functions and other NPD team members on project status, requirements, decisions etc
• Review and agree work priorities with the marketing manager.
• A relevant degree or business related qualification, possibly with a diploma in Marketing
• 2 or 3 years of experience in marketing, with an emphasis on new product development and implementation. Experience within consumer durables and small electrical goods would be preferred.
• Logical, numerate and analytical with attention to detail
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable working in a team environment as well as individually
• Working knowledge of business planning and financial acumen
• Understanding of consumer research methods and an appreciation of engineering/technical issues
• Fluent English, another language is a plus
• Standard PC Packages
• Be able to interpret GfK data using Quickview
• Ability to use SAP Analysis