CAMPI BISENZIO, FIRENZE
PROJECT MANAGER R&D (M/F/X) - ARIETE
Design of new products oriented to innovative solutions, in-line with the NPD process (New Products Development).
- Is wholly responsible for the design and drawing of components, sub-assemblies or new products.
- Is able to working in the R&D area, where all the new ideas also from other departments (Marketing, Design, Research&Technology) are collected and tested.
- Working also in-line with the NPD process (New Products Development) closely with Product Marketing, Testing, IP, Quality department starting from product specification through to feasibility study and robust design, finally closing the process with the executive technical documentation release.
- He/she will participate at the definition of specific tests in order to approve components / systems for use and act to drive a right first time solution taking into account performance, obsolescence, cost & other key programme metrics.
- Supporting in interpreting and translating the PDS (Product Design Specification) into product design proposals and ultimately a finished design, at or below target cost.
- Identifying issues & risks to enable early mitigation or avoidance during product development.
- Operating CAD (Computer Aided Design) particularly Creo Parametric 7.
- The parts developed are mainly in thermoplastics and aluminium diecasting. Knowledge in fluid dynamics and mechanisms is preferred.
- Organising and/or participating in design reviews.
- Filing documents and data.
- Creating and maintaining document and data revision registers.
- Applying material tests and managing simulations.
- Support labs in module test specification and system test plan to validate. Understand technical tests results to take decision on design development and final approval for series production.
- Supporting production teams in all phases of product development.
- BEng / BSc Qualified
- Experienced in the design of mechanical components & systems
- Knowledge of 3D design tool (PTC Creo 7)
- Knowledge of plastic materials;
- Knowledge of mechanical processing, plastic deformation, moulding and die casting technologies;
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping technologies;
- Preferable knowledge of simulation tools (MOLDFLOW, FEM ANALYSIS)
- Knowledge of mass production product development
- Good knowledge of laboratory equipments and test results evaluation
Skills, Capabilities, Competencies:
- Be Creative and innovative, an Excellent problem solver
- Flexible & adaptable with excellent time management
- Team player
- Demonstrate accountability and credibility
- Willing to travel
- Able to speak English fluently (mandatory)