SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER (M/F/X)
De’Longhi’s award-winning Industrial Design team supports the development, implementation and communication of our brand design strategy, product identity and architecture in line with our core brand values.
We’re now seeking a Senior Industrial Designer to join this outstanding team.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting brand within the renowned De’Longhi Group, producing premium products in a fast-moving environment and to see your handiwork in stores and homes, everywhere in the world.
Our customers are why we come to work every day, so you’ll be concerned with the holistic experience of users from the moment they see a De’Longhi product on a shelf or website, to how they feel when they use it.
As a Senior industrial designer, it’s your technical execution of our design strategy that will deliver a significant and memorable De’ Longhi experience.
Under the supervision of the DèLonghi Design Director, you will lead and manage design projects from concept generation to production.
You will apply data-driven insights to generate differentiated and innovative design solutions that meet the needs of the customers, and will successfully implement a real Consumer centered design approach.
You will be allocated to several New Product Development (NPD) projects simultaneously, receiving a brief from our marketing team, applying design guidelines and helping to build a product’s unique DNA, reflecting the DèLonghi brand values.
You’ll happen to manage external agencies to guarantee outstanding solutions for your assigned projects, planning and managing their time and deliverables, preparing presentations that will show their project progress and/or final design proposals.
You’ll have a continual feedback loop with our R&D function, refining products over a lifecycle that could last weeks or years.
You will build winning design strategies, involving your team’s colleagues and the key players of other departments (R&D, Marketing, Commercial) in shaping and developing short, medium and long term projects and plannings, in line with the targets of the company’s CO, the brand pillars and the brand identity.
You will translate the Brands values and characters into tangible, simple and consumer-based languages, guidelines and design rules, able to help your team, your brand, the global design organization to shape the most solid Visual Brand Language (VBL) of De’Longhi, visible all over the world.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Product or Industrial Design (or equivalent)
- 6+ Work experience in an industrial design position (part of them in a corporation environment is an appreciated plus)
- Experience in white and/or brown goods industry (Small Domestic Appliances is a plus)
- A natural gift and trained sensibility in form giving and hand sketching
- A strong sense for colors, material and finishes (CMF)
- Technical expertise in mockup and prototype building
- Experience in running collaborative workshops and ideation sessions (even remotely) with the most diverse stakeholders
- Competence planning and using both qualitative and quantitative market researches
- Extensive knowledge of mass manufacturing processes of plastic, metal, decoration and painting
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior skills in storytelling expressed through compelling presentations
- Ability and speed in designing beautiful slide decks, rich in interactive contents and exciting visuals
- Knowledge of social, anthropological and cultural trends, to design for various markets worldwide, from Australia to Far East to North America.
- Master Level 3D modelling Software (Rhino, Alias, Solidworks, etc). Siemens NX is a very appreciated plus (and be ready to learn it quickly)
- Knowledge of Grasshopper is a very appreciated Plus
- Master level of Keyshot (or other rendering software), able to produce photorealistic renderings indistinguishable from reality
- Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Microsoft Office and/or Google chrome App (slides, document, sheets)
- Full professional English
- Chinese is a very appreciated plus