SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (M/F/X)
Product Marketing, Electronic, Testing, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing and Moulds department
Design of components, sub-assemblies or new products concepts in-line with the NPD process (New Products Development)
The Mechanical Engineer is wholly responsible for the design of components, sub-assemblies or new products concepts in-line with the NPD process (New Products Development) working closely with Product Marketing, Electronic, Testing, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing and Moulds department, starting from product specification through to feasibility study and robust design, finally closing the process with the SOP.
He/She will participate at the definition of specific tests in order to approve components / systems for use and act to drive a right first time solution taking into account performance, obsolescence, cost & other key programme metrics.
- Supporting Team leader in deploy the Marketing and Design request in PDS (Product Design Specification) and in a feasible design, respecting target cost and timing;
- Identifying issues & risks to enable early mitigation or avoidance during product development;
- Operating CAD (Computer Aided Design) and other software as applicable;
- Organising and/or participating in design reviews;
- Filing documents and data;
- Creating and maintaining document and data revision registers;
- Support labs in module test specification and system test plan to validate. Understand technical tests results to take decision on design development and final approval for series production;
- Check the components feseability with Mould department ad Testing;
- Manage contact with internal and external suppliers.
- Experienced in the design of mechanical components & systems;
- Plastic know how (design and process transformation);
- Knowledge of 3D design tool (SIEMENS NX) and PLM (i.e Teamcenter);
- Knowledge of mass production product development.
- Be Creative and innovative, an Excellent problem solver;
- Flexible & adaptable with excellent time management;
- Team player;
- Self motivated;
- Demonstrate accountability and credibility;
- Willing to travel;
- Able to speak English fluently (mandatory).